June 12, 2009

Pedrosa curious to test condition

Preparing to ride at his home GP with painkillers numbing the pain of his injured hip Dani Pedrosa does not want to let his fans down in Barcelona.

Last year’s Catalunya race-winner and home crowd favourite Dani Pedrosa is a tough character who knows how to get results when riding at less than 100% fitness and he will use all his resilience this weekend as he tries to keep the fans happy at Montmeló despite his hip injury.

The talented Repsol Honda rider explained his situation ahead of the Gran Premi Cinzano de Catalunya on Thursday having suffered a small fracture to his right femur - where the bone and hip muscles join - in practice at Mugello, where he later crashed out of the race.

“The pain really just depends on the moment and the movement,” admitted the Catalan star. “Where I have the fracture, where the gluteus muscle connects with the bone, it hurts when I use that muscle. When I had the painkilling injections at Mugello they didn’t help so I am really interested to see if the more powerful injection I’ll have on Friday will do the job and help to calm the inflammation.”

Commenting on his plan as to how to approach the weekend he said, “My aim is to go out and see how it feels. I mean, in Mugello I was able to ride with this injury, so even though things didn’t go well there I hope to do better this time. We will have to get on with the job here with the painkillers. I am riding injured like in Qatar but I want to do much better than there because the result wasn’t good. I have lots of fans here and I don’t want to let them down.”

With the added responsibility of testing a modified frame on his Honda RC212V this weekend, Pedrosa prefers to examine the new chassis during practice on Friday and Saturday, rather than wait for Monday’s scheduled MotoGP test.



“I think it’s better to try the new chassis during the weekend because I’ll be riding with painkillers and I might not be in the best shape to test on Monday,” he conceded.

Meanwhile, as one of the safety activities conducted by Montesa Honda, S.A , a Honda subsidiary in Spain responsible for production and sales of motorcycles, Pedrosa, will be displaying Honda’s Safety logo on the fairing of his bike throughout the Gran Premi Cinzano de Catalunya weekend, just as he did at Jerez in May.
(Source:MotoGP.com)

0 comments:

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software