May 6, 2009

Takahashi making steady progress in rookie season

Yuki Takahashi’s journey of steady progress in the premier class hit a roadblock at his home race in Japan with an early crash, but the Scot Racing rider was back improving with the best of his three MotoGP results to date at Jerez.

The Japanese rookie started from thirteenth on the grid for the Spanish race, and was happy with both his twelfth place finish and a higher level of confidence in the satellite Honda RC212V.

“I'm satisfied. I had a good feeling with the bike - the best since the beginning of the championship,” revealed Takahashi.

“I had a good start, and a fast first lap. I overtook Toni Elias and found myself in a good position, but in the second half of the race I began to experience some problems with the tyres - first with the front one, then with the rear,” he continued, noting a problem experienced by many Honda riders since switching to Bridgestone rubber.

“Anyway, I'm really happy: my program is to learn race by race, and that is what I'm doing.”

Takahashi’s next ride will be at the upcoming Grand Prix de France at Le Mans, where he took victory in the 250cc class back in 2006.


0 comments:

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software